Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Incorrect Assumptions

I think the biggest lesson I found in Jasmine is to maintain your sense of self no matter what happens to you. In the past, I've had issues with this, and to read about someone going through so much adversity and still knowing who she is, despite the name changes, is an important thing to me as a person.

I came into the class with the mindset that I was going to hate it. Yes, that's pessimistic, but I had wanted to take another class, and it happened to get cancelled, so I had to choose a random English class. However, I learned a great deal about myself and I feel about the many facets of "home:" the sense of self, relationships, family, friends, location, etc. This class gave me a great deal to think about in terms of self-growth and understanding what "home" really means to me. I feel like I appreciate my life a lot more about taking this class, and I'm really glad I took it!

No comments:

Post a Comment